Standing For The Judge/Magistrates

Standing For The Judge/Magistrates

Postby Buzz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 am

Hi All,

Just a quick question if it's OK.
I have read in some of the posts about the judge and yourself being equal and to ascertain this fact before any proceedings.
However, on the few occasions I have attended court, we are expected to show our "respect"for the judge by standing upon him entering or leaving the courtroom. Obviously this would take place before any opportunity to clarify the being equal situation.
Doesn't that give him a superior status from the start?
I would love to be able to refuse to stand at these times, but feel that the contempt of court would come into play.

Sorry if it seems a silly question.
Thanks,

Buzz
Buzz

Re: Standing For The Judge/Magistrates

Postby geebee » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Buzz wrote:Hi All,

Just a quick question if it's OK.
I have read in some of the posts about the judge and yourself being equal and to ascertain this fact before any proceedings.
However, on the few occasions I have attended court, we are expected to show our "respect"for the judge by standing upon him entering or leaving the courtroom. Obviously this would take place before any opportunity to clarify the being equal situation.
Doesn't that give him a superior status from the start?
I would love to be able to refuse to stand at these times, but feel that the contempt of court would come into play.

Sorry if it seems a silly question.
Thanks,

Buzz

That is the guy who can ultimately make life easier or harder for you. Why not show some politeness?
geebee

Postby Buzz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Thank you geebee.

I am ALWAYS voluntarily polite to EVERYONE, whatever their job.
I just asked the question (politely) whether someone who is equal to another should be "forced" to stand for another, especially as the next thing you are likely to discuss is the issue of equality.

There is a difference between being voluntarily polite and being forced to be polite,so therefore, I would expect his / her honour to be reciprocal in their politeness.
If he/she fails to afford me the same courtesy, the next question to them has already been answered, so making it difficult for the case to proceed.

Buzz
Buzz

Postby wayland » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:04 pm

As we are in "de facto" courts the definition of a de facto judge in blacks 2nd "One who holds and
excercises the office of a judge under colour of lawful authority and by a title valid on its face, though he has not full right to the office, where he was appointed by an unconstitutional statute, or by an usurper of the appointing, or has not taken the oath of office"

definition of usurper:-seizes something without right, to use something without the right to do so.

Politeness maybe----- respect NO! you earn respect it doesnt come with a uniform!!!
"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise." - Adolph Hitler
wayland

Postby mOz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm a pretty polite guy myself, but i'd rather eat my own poo than "stand" for some weirdly dressed f@cker that DEMANDS respect.
As said, respect is earned, and i'm all for it, but can we really take wigs, tights and silly shoes seriously? :rotfl:

Actually, serious question here:
" where do judges silly outfits originate from?"
I could research it, but this is just in case anyone knows off of the top of their head.

:peace:
:love:
:sun:
mOz
They said "The world may end in 2012''
They said " The NWO has a depopulation agenda"
I said "Pigs may fly"
Then swine flu...........

mOz (July 2009)
mOz

Postby jonboy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm guessing that by agreeing to stand for the judge/magistrate, you are (in their world) giving them assumed authority/jurisdiction?
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby huntingross » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Without any research myself, I distantly remember the garb is all about making themselves superior to those being judged...to instil fear and awe...I might be making this up though.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby jonboy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, that's why they sit on an elevated seat too. But why they wear a silly wig beggars belief :rotfl:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby huntingross » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Apparently because everyone was...

About the judiciary
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby mOz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Great stuff thanks folks!

Wonder what'd happen if ya actually turned up dressed as ridiculously as one of these daft buggers?

I don't mean "impersonate" one, i mean just similarly dress as daft as for a hoot, then of course if any comments are made it's a "look who's talking"!

mOz
They said "The world may end in 2012''
They said " The NWO has a depopulation agenda"
I said "Pigs may fly"
Then swine flu...........

mOz (July 2009)
mOz

Next

Return to Court jurisdiction only