Reply from RBS unsecured Loan

Discuss all of your Banking, Finance and "Money" related issues here.

Reply from RBS unsecured Loan

Postby candygirl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Here is a reply from RBS regards unsecured loan:
RBS
The Royal Bank Of Scotland
Birmingham Collections
Centre
PO Box 6868
Birmingham,B1 2WZ
Tele

Date:06/07/ 2009
Our Ref: xxxxxxx
Your Ref: xxxxxxxxxxx
MRSJoe Bloggs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post code

Dear Mrs Bloggs,

The reference number for your case is xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your patience whilst I have been investigating your recent complaint.

Since I wrote you on the 25/06/2009, I have investigated further.

Our policy on disclosure to customers of information contained in our records is that we will comply fully with our legal obligations. These legal obligations arise under the CCA and the Data Protection Act.

Under the CCA we will act on a s.77(1) or s.78 (1) request agreement has not ended. We will also comply with a subject access request under the DPA but will not include providing personal data contained in a manual archived files as those files are not structured in a way that they are ‘relevant filing system’ for the purposes of the DPA. You are made aware of this so as not to make your expectations that a subject access request will produce copies of agreements relating to repaid loans.

We are satisfied that you lawfully owe us has been set out in detail already and we do not consider it necessary to meet your unreasonable request. If you cease making repayment we will take debt recovery action against you which will include the procedure prescribed under the Consumer Credit Act. If you dispute our legal right to have the money you borrowed from us repaid, you are free to bring the matter to the attention of the courts.

As requested I am enclosing a copy of the Loan Agreement despite the fact that the required fee for this document was not enclosed.

I enclose our leaflet “ Unhappy with our Service” with my last letter to let you know how we deal with complaints. If you believe we haven’t investigated properly or acted fairly, you have the right to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can do this if we haven’t been able to reach an agreement by 12/08/2009, which is eight weeks after you first contacted us. The Ombudsman would then assess whether to check the Bank’s own investigation and if they decided to, would work with you and us to reach a conclusion. However the quickest and most direct course would be to call me on 0800 0563 574* if there is any problem.

(page2)
Otherwise there is nothing you need to do. If I haven’t heard back from you by the 30/08/2009, I will close our file. Whatever you decide, I am sorry that you needed to contact us in the first place, and I am grateful to you for bringing this to our attention.
RW Cowdell
Customer care Team
*Please call between 09;00am and 05.00pm, Monday to Friday.

This is laughable!
CG
candygirl

Re: Reply from RBS unsecured Loan

Postby huntingross » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Heyeah right....
We are satisfied that you lawfully owe us has been set out in detail

The test here is not your standard of satisfaction but mine, and until you have satisified me of my lawful requirements under a binding agreement between us I shall with draw payments accordingly.

I'm sure the Courts will take a dim view of your reluctance to furnish me with the requested information and look forward to their ruling on the matter if that is your decision.....blah blah
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Colin Grainger » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:38 pm

We are satisfied that you lawfully owe us has been set out in detail already and we do not consider it necessary to meet your unreasonable request.

I think a judge would disagree with this. You offered a conditional agreement to pay based on the answers to some simple questions. If the questions were answerable, why the need for that sentence? Will a judge find your request unreasonable?

They used the word "lawfully" which is rare.

What's your next move?
Colin Grainger

Postby Dash » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Well I am happy that RBS are satisfied that you lawfully owe them. Do they have any clue ............. I may be wrong but as they are saying that you are the one who owes the money I feel that you are the one that needs to be satisfied that you lawfully owe them. It is not unreasonable for them to prove this to you. If they cannot satisfy you that you owe that money then why would you pay. I also cannot see how they can take you to court as you are only asking them for information.

I’m sure I will be getting a letter of similar content as I have a credit card with Mint (which is the Royal Bank of Scotland) sent off to them 9 days ago I’m waiting for my response. :grin:
Dash

Postby nameless » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Candygirl, I have just been reading this thread and wondered if there was an update you could let us know about.
nameless

Return to Banking Crime