Reclaim Bank Charges (Lloyds TSB)

Discuss all of your Banking, Finance and "Money" related issues here.

Reclaim Bank Charges (Lloyds TSB)

Postby Truthseeker_34 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:20 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to reclaim bank charges back from bank.
As am trying reclaim them back for my mother as she really stressed out with the carry with bank.

Detailed below is just a sample of the charges

O/DRAFT INTEREST 3.49
UNPLANNED O/D FEES 141.00

I've posted this sample template, just wondered if it was worth sending something like that.

[INSERT NAME, ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER]
[INSERT DATE]

[INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS OF BANK]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: [INSERT ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account.  I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to [INSERT NAME OF BANK].

The charges total £[INSERT TOTAL CHARGE], plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £[INSERT TOTAL OF INTEREST] interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of [INSERT TOTAL OF CHARGES PLUS INTEREST].  I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document. [INCLUDE THE PRINT OUT OF CHARGES AND INTEREST FROM THE CALCULATOR AND BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF]

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[YOUR SIGNATURE]

[YOUR NAME (PRINTED)]

Any help would be most grateful

Peace

Truthseeker_34
"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority." Gerald Massey
Truthseeker_34

Re: Reclaim Bank Charges (Lloyds TSB)

Postby DannyBhoy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi Truthseeker,

with the process still going through the Courts following their pathetic appeal, they won't refund any monies to you. The best approach is to write to them and tell them that their illegal charges are causing hardship, they must honour your claim, however, unfortunately the scumbags will ask for your monthly financial expenditure, as "they" want to decide if your suffering hardship and if your figures show you are, they must refund.
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Re: Reclaim Bank Charges (Lloyds TSB)

Postby Truthseeker_34 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:57 am

DannyBhoy wrote:Hi Truthseeker,

with the process still going through the Courts following their pathetic appeal, they won't refund any monies to you. The best approach is to write to them and tell them that their illegal charges are causing hardship, they must honour your claim, however, unfortunately the scumbags will ask for your monthly financial expenditure, as "they" want to decide if your suffering hardship and if your figures show you are, they must refund.

Thanks for your comments

In my own case they claimed that I owed them £180, however I never paid and with afew letters/notices they decide to scrap it as a "goodwill gesture". And this could work in my favor as this would be prejudice and no equality if they gave me a "goodwill gesture" and not my mother. They know they are treading a thin line with me as I can still file a lawsuit against them and their lawyers, maybe they have forgotten about that.

I'll post up what I've sent them.

Peace

Truthseeker_34
"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority." Gerald Massey
Truthseeker_34

Return to Banking Crime