two birth certificates

two birth certificates

Postby chickon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi, I don't really know how or why, but I have two seperate birth certificates, with different names on them (one with a middle name, one without). Is this quite a regular occurence, or is it highly unusual? And does anyone have any idea what the implications of this might be? :puzz:
chickon

Re: two birth certificates

Postby kevin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 pm

you can just send off for them but they usually have the same names on http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
kevin

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:56 pm

To be fair, they're not really "different" names are they? One's your "full" name and one's your "name". I've got my CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH which the registrar of births and deaths gave my dad when he registered my birth a little over 3 decades ago and I've got a CERTIFIED COPY OF AN ENTRY that I got about 15 years ago. Both have my given names in Lower Case With Capitals and my family name in ALL CAPS. I don't think there's any significance in the difference between your 2 certs. The significance is in the registration of your human self as a CITIZEN whether you have a "middle" name or not. That's how I see it anyway.

Peace

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby chickon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:55 pm

o.k, I see what you're saying. I haven't got them infront of me right now, but I know they are as old as each other (within a couple of weeks), and I can pick and choose as to which one I provide to officials for identification (they accept both). So what I'm really wondering is given what people think about bc's and bonds etc does two birth certificates equal two seperate persons? After all, all it will say on their records is that two persons exist, one with name A, and one with name B, no matter how close those names are. They have no idea that there is only one human behind the two fictions. So could one of these fictions be used as a sort of credit card that I can register bills or licenses to, give to authority figures or assign debt to or whatever it may be, whilst keeping my other fiction completely clear of those systems? maybe?! And also lets say hypothetically I was in court and I go along the lines of "I am a human being, not the legal fiction" and then when they say they must speak to Mr Soandso I say here he is and provide the birth certificate would it help me to have a bc that says quite clearly that I have no joinder to the person they think I am? After all, we share our names with many people, and the only thing that can seperate us is our birth certificate and the official name registered on it. I will compare the two certificates as soon as I can and see if the later one overrides the first one, or if all the numbers match etc.

Thanks for your comments though, the more I can understand about this, the more I can understand about everything else.

Chears.x
chickon

Postby stevencbentley » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 pm

I am posting here as I have questions relating to birth certifcates.
I have had several cert issued for various applications and civil matters. I do recall my original generated in 1957 had only the first letter of each name capitalized. I lost that one unfortunately and the replacement was all caps. I acquired a long form version to aplly for status as an indian in canada and when I got that back it had been franked. I had been a transit operator in the work portion of my existence and know from that having a registered punch which gave an ordinary piece of paper value when pucnhed with the punch. True enough it had to be the transfer form of which we were given wads of tickets to to punch. However I know that many people proferred expired ones which I still accepted for fare knowingly and not. So now seeing that there was a punch mark on this document got me thinking about it certainly. The last issue was for a pension and interestingly enough ot was not all caps but my natural name. |could be two reasons- that it was for a pension or that the province I live in was not in debt at the time the cert was issued. anyone have any more info?
stevencbentley

Return to Birth Certificates