Money from Nothing

Re: Money from Nothing

Postby geebee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:23 am

Highspirit wrote:OK I hear you and there are various models that would in theory work well. I will leave Veronica to expalin some of these points.

You see there you go again with the piss take of tin foil hats. On that point though it is intereting to note what the likes of David Icke have been saying for 20yrs. He wrote books 20yrs ago stating that there is the aim of creating one world bank, one world army and one world currency amongst other things. This is written and available. He was being called a nutter then, that it would never happen.

What is happening today? mmm China and France at the G20 summit stated that we need one world currency. What has Gordon Brown been banging on about the last few months? Oh yes, a global banking solution.

Now Icke was being called a nutter 20yrs ago but what he said is coming into reality is it not? That cannot be denied.

I like the idea of one currency. One global community. :-)
geebee

Postby Veronica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:27 am

geebee wrote:I like the idea of one currency. One global community.

Ideas are 'thinking', and you don't like thinking ... you told me.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby huntingross » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:43 am

Hi geebee, without being patronising, i like your style, you nailed it with your opening statement last night and stuck to your guns.

We have nothing to offer you, and it would appear we only have grief to offer ourselves.

What do i want from this country i live in....

To do the things i can rightfully do... which do no require submission and consent from people who are not an authority.

Not to be stopped by police unless i have caused harm or loss

To pay taxes that i want to pay (i'm on record in this forum saying that - and i believe i'm the only one to have said that) but i dont see why i should support a government that supports a banking system to a staggering amount of money, when we let schools close and our elderly freeze to death in poverty...So my donated tax money will be streamed to the causes that are important in a caring society, otherwise the strong and the greedy only prosper.

There is so much more to wanting to live in this country than the over burdening powers of the rich and the manipulative.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby geebee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:47 am

Veronica wrote:
geebee wrote:I like the idea of one currency. One global community.

Ideas are 'thinking', and you don't like thinking ... you told me.

I expected more from you Veronica. I never said I don't like thinking. I am just trying to discuss a proposition with you - you who have been defending this position for years. I cannot spend all day getting up to speed on your cause. Therefore I ask you questions.

Are you going to answer them. Looking more and more like you are not. I cannot figure out why not, however. Hidden agenda, don't have an answer? I hope not.
geebee

Postby Highspirit » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Geebee, I hope you are taking note on how posters on this forum are a little more respectful than on yours. A police focused forum as well.

Anyway, one of your questions has been answered above. We do not need Interest based money. It can be replaced with interest free money and this has been tried at least once in the USA called the 'Greenback'. Unfortunately the president who was about to introduce it was assassinated before it had a chance to take effect.

The money can be isseud and controilled by government and not by private banks/corporations as currently stands. That would be a giant leap forward.

I am sure if you are open mnded that other 'Freeman' principals and ideas of living can be put forward. If you dismiss the idea of interest free money then there is no hope of this converstaion going any further forward.

Your idea of one world currency and government however scares the shit out of me from a 'Freedom' aspect alone. Hitler was the last one to go down that road. It encourages extremeism and leaves the control of the world in the hands of a few. The the UK is having laws introduced by Europe that if the people of the UK were asked they would probably dismiss them. We are not asked, these laws comein if we like it or not. Where is the democaracy in that? We have never had the opportunity as a nation to vote if we want to be oin Europe or not. Why should they introduce laws we don't even get a chance to see or agree with. With a world Government that means Fascisism or Communism, either way extremeism.
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby Free » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:19 pm

The difficulty we find, is that accepting something new means we must throw away our old belief to make way for the new one. Such a simple thing to do we might think. However in practice, not quite as easy as we may think.

The topic of this thread is 'money', how it came to be and why we have it. Or..why we believe we must have it, could be a more appropriate question.

Like anything else it's a belief. One which has been passed down through generation upon generation. Time has allowed this belief to became accepted as 'the norm' or, 'the way it is'.

But is 'the way it is' today, still a belief we should be accepting? Or is it time we looked at alternatives?

The presence of 'money' appears to create greed, and the ever increasing need for the illusion of higher status or power depending on how much we have of it. The trinkets and tokens we buy with it express our 'standard of living'. We believe if we have money, all our so called problems will disappear.

Money has created division, greed, war. For war costs money and those who create money know that those in debt to them are sunserviant to them. Money creates a method of control for those who create it and lend it to countries and governments.

I'd like to propose, that for a moment. We project what the world would look like without it. No money. None whatsoever.

What would we see?

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby Veronica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Highspirit wrote:It can be replaced with interest free money and this has been tried at least once in the USA ...

And, to this day, works quite well in Guernsey, as recall. One of the offshores, anyway
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Veronica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:29 pm

geebee wrote:I expected more from you Veronica. I never said I don't like thinking.

I gave you the opportunity of climbing your mountain, and coming back when you had the time available.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Veronica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Free wrote:What would we see?

I basically posted the answer to this in another thread. But it requires WHOLE-thinking, not HALF-thinking.

The realisation dawns that we always TAKE everything (in the first, middle, and last places). And that there is no dishonour in it. Any more than any other lifeforms.

So we have a society that does what it always does anyway ... TAKES

And the concept of 'ownership' goes straight out the window. No-one owns anything. NO STATE owns anything either!

But we have to allow for the fact that someone may PERSONALISE something, which means they have an ENTITLEMENT to it. A PRIORITY over anyone else.

But, this OK, because if someone wants one ... they just go and get one for themselves ... and personalise it their own way.

So there is no concept of 'stealing'.

Then we get the problem thrown at us "What is the incentive for doing anything, if not 'money'"

To which we reply "Phew ... I thought you might ask a hard question!"

Then we let geebee stew over how that is such a simple question to answer - which it is.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Free » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 pm

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

The Venus Project May not be THE solution, but it's a whole lot better than what we have now.

A monetary based economy will never allow us to create to our full potential as, well quite frankly we cant afford it. The funding is never available so creation is strangled.

However using a resource based principle money becomes obsolete. Technology far outreaches the money to pay for it's development. Remove the money and technology flourishes.

Right now we live in a world which produces goods for profit. In order to keep those profits coming in we create throwaway goods. Wasting resources for corporate greed is wrong. Products are deliberately designed to have a short life when they could be designed to last a lifetime, thus reducing the need to use up resources.

Burning fossil fuels is out of date and continues only because corporations make profits from it and use them to control the worlds economy. There are multiple methods of producing free abundant and inexhaustable energy such as wind, wave, geothermic, ionic and sunlight which once constructed will produce constant unlimited energy.

90% of so called 'crimes' are the result of corporate policy rules, statutes created only to provide the income needed to fund the interest repayments owed to private corporations known as banks. Remove money, remove the 'crimes'. If we cannot afford a solution to a problem, we either tax it or make it a crime. It's much easier to create a solution than it is to enforce a statutory rule.

Human beings are not here to be slaves to the system. human beings are here to 'be' Human Be-ings. We fear technology because we think it 'replaces' us. Technology sets us free to Be. By embracing technolgy we utilise it to its full potential and set ourselves free to discover, to learn who we really are.

When everything is available to us we no longer need to steal. We can do anything, use anything, go anywhere, using the products technology creates. For example: Lets say we want to play golf. We leave home and use a car, any car from the choice available in the communal parking lot. We drive to the golf course and leave the car in the lot for anyone who needs a car. We choose the finest golf clubs and equipment which waits for us in the main building. When we have finished we put them back, knowing they will be there for us when we come back next time. We go back to the car lot and choose a car and drive home.

We need to break free from the belief that money is important and that we need money to survive. Why just survive when we can live like we were meant to.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

PreviousNext

Return to Origins of Money