EON

EON

Postby ryancb » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 pm

In January 2011 I changed over utility provider from EON, they rang me and the new provider to get a meter reading which I gave which was the end of the matter. Over the next 10 months they sent me a variety of different letters and rang me stating I owed them some money, so I rang them saying I could not possibly owe them any money as for the length of their contract I used a card meter. Each time they said "its our fault, we will amed the balance to NIL".

This happened several times and the bills went up in increasing amounts from £50 - £245. Everytime ringing them up trying to correct their problem, but it all came to a head about 2 weeks ago when their in house debt collector rang me asking for over £250, I said I was sick of them calling and would take them to court for damages as my health had deteriorated during this whole time, I was quickly passed back through to EON who said they would amend the balance to NIL, they have said this same thing over and over again and could not believe they would do this so I wrote a letter of complaint stating that they should leave me alone or I would initiate court proceedings against EON if they tried to demand the money.

I am waiting for a response but would really like to follow it up with a civil law suit, the way I see it is EON should be sued for a Tort of Negliegence but not really sure how to follow it up.

Rang the energy ombudsman and they will deal with it when EON write back to me.

If anyone could suggest how I would go about it, or what I can sue them for it would be much appreciated.

:love: :sun:
ryancb

Re: EON

Postby pitano1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:11 pm

hi ryan.
a tort is a common law/civil crime,so can be
a rather drawn out/expensive process to get
a conviction,as it has to be heard by a court
of law.

however,once a lien is perfected it can make life
`shall we say`awkward for the one who is the
recipient.

http://lien.fmotl.com/
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Re: EON

Postby ryancb » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Not too worried about the cost aslong as I do my paperwork and processes right the outcome will be in my favour. Just confused whether it was worth it, but not I will follow it up now I know I can take it through the courts. The only thing I am unsure of is how to make a claim against them and what paperwork to send in to the court to start it all off? I know it would be an N1 claim form.
ryancb

Return to Utility Bills