The Unexamined Life

The Unexamined Life

Postby cassandra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:52 pm

When Socrates said “The unexamined life is not worth living.” he was entirely correct. What he might have said to expand on that has not been passed down to us. We can fill in that gap, however, by examining our own lives and the lives of others. We start with a question – as usual. What is an unexamined life? We can follow that by asking what an examined life is; how does it differ from an unexamined one and why is it better to examine one's life? Answers, in the form of actions capable of reality testing, are to be observed all around us every single minute of every single day.
Political Correctness is an example of an unexamined life, and the reality test for the claim is easy enough to conduct. We ask the PC victim how he/she came to their conclusions. What thought processes have you gone through, what logic has led you to this belief/conclusion?
If he/she cannot answer – or will not, which is often the case – then we may consider the claim proven.
If you cannot take me, step by step, through the reasoning process which led you to your conclusions then I have to say that you did not actually go through any reasoning process but were given your idea/belief ready-made by someone else and you simply accepted it.
If you refuse to take me, step by step, through your reasoning process which brought you to your conclusions, I have to ask why. The answer is always that you have no such process, are aware of that and are afraid to reveal it because it may show that you are acting not out of intelligence but out of emotion driven by ego. You hide behind false umbrage – the how dare you! kind of attitude.
I have yet to find a PC victim who can, or will, take me through their reasoning. They cannot because they do not have it. They are programmed with a ready-made propaganda designed to control their minds and, through that, their actions in the world. This is seen most bizarrely in the latest LGBT march in support of Islam – the only so-called religion in existence whose basic tenets and fundamentals demand the killing of LGBT people! The ambivalence here, the complete lack of ability to explain or justify their position in supporting the only people on earth who wish them harm is astonishing. When this PC is challenged it's the ego which responds, and the nice PC people who want us all to be nice to each other very quickly turn into savage and twisty-faced snarling beasts. Their façade is quickly dropped and the latent hatred and violence pours out of them – justified by your questions on how they reached their conclusions. I have yet to meet the nicest of PC people that I cannot turn violent and brutal in two minutes flat merely by asking some peaceful, non aggressive questions. I have tentatively concluded – subject to more thorough research and rigorous testing – that your average PC victim is under the control of their own out of control ego. The unexamined life is a danger to all of humanity. The unexamined life is a plague carrier.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Re: The Unexamined Life

Postby Dreadlock » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 pm

You're correct to call them victims, but victims of state sponsored mind control and schooling rather than their own egos. The problem is the lack of critical thinking which the general public are, deliberately, not taught at state run schools. After all, what kind of crazy government wants a population of people who can think for themselves? It's the ruling class's second worst nightmare.
Dreadlock

Postby cassandra » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Dreadlock wrote:You're correct to call them victims, but victims of state sponsored mind control and schooling rather than their own egos. The problem is the lack of critical thinking which the general public are, deliberately, not taught at state run schools. After all, what kind of crazy government wants a population of people who can think for themselves? It's the ruling class's second worst nightmare.

it is a wonderful feeling to have you agree with me!
On the matter of ego and state sponsorship of stupidity perhaps I was inarticulate in the op - but I did say
"When this PC is challenged it's the ego which responds."
A small matter, however, and one which does not detract from the pleasure I feel in your agreement with me. Oh, happy days! :cheer:
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby Dreadlock » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:03 pm

You'd pobably be surprised at how often we agree. I simply prefer to post when I disagree with you... far more fun. :giggle:
Dreadlock

Return to Empowering thoughts