Court appearances

Court appearances

Postby Veronica » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:45 pm

If you ever do go to court, make sure that you have sent in the suggested response to the Summons in good time (recorded delivery). So that the Court has it on record.

The first (and almost ONLY) thing you say is "MY honour, I am here making a SPECIAL APPEARANCE in order to establish jurisdiction. Would you please be so kind as to PROVE your STATUS and JURISDICTION over myself, Veronica of the Chapman family, a sovereign human being with a living soul, or conversely prove that standing before you is a legal fiction and not a human being?"

The most likely result is "OK, Ms. Chapman, you can go".

The response is: "Are you talking to me? If so, I'm commonly called Veronica. If you have no other business I trust you can confirm that in writing. I bid you all a very good day"
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Re: Court appearances

Postby jonboy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:39 pm

this really would be the 'acid test', I would love the opportunity to try this out.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Re: Court appearances

Postby Veronica » Sun May 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Based on one of jonboy's FoI requests, I've had an idea.

He did an FoI asking the High Peak Court whether they were a court de facto or a court de jure. Their reply was "Errr.. don't understand the question"

So, how about, if you have a Court Appearance, asking the Clerk or Usher outside?

"Excuse me, is this court de jure or a court de facto?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I asked if this was a court de jure or a court de facto?"

"I'm, sorry, I don't know what you mean"

"A Court of Justice, or a Court of Adjudication"

"Well, errr ... I suppose a Court of Justice"

"So will there be a Jury, then?"

"A Jury? No ... there will be no Jury"

"How can it be a Court of Justice, then?"

"Errr ... well I suppose it must the other kind you mentioned"

"A Court de facto? With Hearings instead of Trials?"

"Oh! Yes ... there will be a Hearing!"

"So it's a court de facto, then?"

"Yes, that's the case"

"Well why did you tell me it was a Court of Justice, then? Oh, well, never mind, in that case I refuse its offer of the service of arbitration, and a waive all the benefits"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I don't consent to any Arbitration Service. I remain in Common Law jurisdiction. I'm only subject to courts de jure"

"What do you mean ... you are only subject to courts de jure?"

"What I said. So I think you should pay my expenses for coming, under false pretenses, and I'll bid you a very good day"

"What do you mean 'false pretenses'?"

"Well, what Common Law have I broken?"

"I don't understand ... I'll have to speak with my Superior ..."

"Yes, that's a good idea. Maybe he knows what kind of a court it is. I have to say that I find it a little alarming that you sit there - doing what you do - and you didn't even know what kind of court it was. I certainly hope your Superior knows ...

(Comes back)

"There seems to be a little problem. Your Hearing has been adjourned for a month"

"Now I beg your pardon!"

"They've adjourned it for a month"

"To give themselves time to turn this into a court de jure? They can do that in just one month?"

"I don't know about that"

"Well, would you please be so kind as to find out about that? After all, I'm here, the court is here, you are here, your Superior is here, why do we need an adjournment?"

"I'll go and find out"

"Yes, thank you"

You know what I think? I think she'd come back and say "They've decided to dismiss the case" (In which case you would ask for that in writing before you left + point out it was a good idea, because you didn't consent to it anyway + ask a tenner for expenses)

Worth a try?

What have you lost? Nothing. Not a thing.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Return to Court appearances only