Is This a Victory?

Re: Is This a Victory?

Postby Veronica » Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 pm

nameless wrote:In answer to Veronica's question, yes, it was a judge who we sent all our paperwork to, as well as to the court manager, and we put both of them under their oaths of office.

That's why is says "It was adjudged"! The so-called Judge cannot afford to put his name to it, because he wasn't a Judge at the time, and had no authority to make any order (even under THEIR rules!).

If you get any merde from them, you can write and tell them that.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby kliff » Sat May 08, 2010 7:37 am

nameless wrote:We were certainly not going to claim on it, and if we receive a cheque (lol), presumably we return it.

And say that the only acceptable form of payment is gold :wink:
My consent is neither expressed nor implied.
kliff

Postby nameless » Sat May 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Good idea, kliff, gold it is.

I liked your word, Veronica, 'merde'. I had to look it up. Good one.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby nameless » Sun May 09, 2010 11:05 am

notolivercromwell wrote:Seems like a victory to me. But what about the changed date of that judgement ?

Possible reasons for the change of date:

The court hearing, which we didn't attend, was on 22 April. A couple of days later we received a letter dated 23 April from the utility bandit saying that the court did not accept our position and have granted judgment in their favour. I posted about this on another thread called Letter from Utility re court judgement

Could the utility bandit have jumped the gun? Or could their solicitor have erroneously advised their client of a win before a judgement had been made?

Perhaps the 'decision'/typing of the order wasn't made until 4 May, but because the hearing had been 22 April, the date was amended by hand. Or could a decision have been made on the 22nd, and later changed?

Interesting scenarios.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Previous

Return to The Court System