Car clamped Sat 28 March

Car clamped Sat 28 March

Postby jonboy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:47 pm

My friend just phoned me from Blackley, Manchester. His car got clamped about an hour ago. Funnily I told him only yesterday how I would love to get clamped. Tomorrow morning the good old angle grinder is coming out to release the poor boy. The 'Notice' stuck to the windscreen says: Do not attempt to drive the car with the clamp in place, any attempt to remove the clamp will be considered as theft or criminal damage. The release fee is £150.

Well it's not going to be an 'attempt' to remove, its going to be a succesful removal . He says he will send a notice to the clamping company (CPS enforcement ltd, a feeble effort to sound like crown prosecution) to inform them that their clamp was found illegally attatched to his car and it will be returned for £500.

I will keep you posted, and the footage of the release will be posted to youtube.
suggestions for a suitable notice to send are welcome.... :giggle:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Re: Car clamped Sat 28 April

Postby woodman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Great stuff Jonboy!

Are you going to remove it first or will you be giving them a warning that if they dont, you will be removing and they will be liable for your labour and costs?

:giggle:
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jonboy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:30 pm

Just going to remove it, it is going to be a pure joy. :rotfl: I told him to phone the clamping firm straight away and record the conversation. He isnt into the freeman movement (YET) but he can talk the talk. He is moving to greece in two weeks so the consequences dont worry him in the slightest, he is just looking forward to some revenge on the bullies. here is a funny link:
http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZCl5lvOQeE
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

jonboy

Postby jonboy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:36 pm

The satisfied customer ! ( who gave me a bottle of wine for my troubles and not promissary notes) :clap:

IMAGE_035.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jonboy

Postby woodman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 pm

:clap: Well Done!

Watch out you don't get done for criminal damage :police:

:rotfl:
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Aldrin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 pm

jonboy..I needed someone with one of those the week before, down here in Exeter!!!

Take a look..

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58437

Peace

Aldrin :peace:
Aldrin

Postby jonboy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:53 pm

They're £10 per day from hire centre. Better than the jokelike cost of 'legal' removal! :grin: Bolt croppers are just as good.
I am never,ever,ever,ever,ever going to pay those modern day highwaymen.

jonboy

Postby MikeThomas » Thu May 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Any update on this post yet?
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby markie b » Fri May 08, 2009 12:45 am

jonboy wrote:My friend just phoned me from Blackley, Manchester. His car got clamped about an hour ago. Funnily I told him only yesterday how I would love to get clamped. Tomorrow morning the good old angle grinder is coming out to release the poor boy. The 'Notice' stuck to the windscreen says: Do not attempt to drive the car with the clamp in place, any attempt to remove the clamp will be considered as theft or criminal damage. The release fee is £150.

Well it's not going to be an 'attempt' to remove, its going to be a succesful removal . He says he will send a notice to the clamping company (CPS enforcement ltd, a feeble effort to sound like crown prosecution) to inform them that their clamp was found illegally attatched to his car and it will be returned for £500.

I will keep you posted, and the footage of the release will be posted to youtube.
suggestions for a suitable notice to send are welcome.... :giggle:

dont send any notice just say damn really i didnt even notice a clamp on my car there was one by the side of the road tho if you cut the bolts keep the cut off link or throw it somewhere out of site so it cant be linked back to you if it goes to court ask them how many links were on the chain to begin with?well if you dont know how many links were there to begin with then how can you say that it was cut off? :wink:
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby markie b » Fri May 08, 2009 12:48 am

Aldrin wrote:jonboy..I needed someone with one of those the week before, down here in Exeter!!!

Take a look..

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58437

Peace

Aldrin :peace:

should of given me a shout bud id of been down there in 15mins with a set of bolt croppers and a petrol angle grinder and a tyre pressure pump :wink: i only live up by the airport

yeah aldrin get your mum inlaw to cancel the transaction as it says on the sign any unorthorised parking can result in clamping and a fine or towing the vehicle
you got permission from the occupier of that garage and had explained that to the clamper but yet down to bully boy tactics were forced to pay also under the universal human rights freedom of movement im pretty sure its under civil and political rights about article 9-13 somewhere around there
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Next

Return to Wheel Clampers