Prices for Notary services?

Re: Prices for Notary services?

Postby Sophia » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 am

AD is correct , the power of the notary in law is to force a judge to 'see' your evidence, therefore the consequences are implicit and 'may be' reflected in the charges. A commissioner for oaths will witness your signature for five pounds if that's all you need.
:sun:
Sophia

Postby Highspirit » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:55 pm

I have mentioned this on the housing thread. I have had a solicitor witness my Affadavit of Obligation (Commercial Lien) in Cyprus for an action I am doing in Cyprus.

I was worried (and still am) that I would need a Notary to witness my signature on the Affadavit. I spoke to a Notary today who speaks good english and he said that the only thing he can do is witness your signature with a stamp (just like the solicitor over here but cheaper).

My questions is this, if both official parties can and will only witness your signature then why can't you use a solicitor? What makes it special about your signature being witnessed by a Notary? They both insist they just identify who you are and witness your signature.

Confused :puzz:

Anybody help please?
HS
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby Oshun » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:26 pm

My questions is this, if both official parties can and will only witness your signature then why can't you use a solicitor? What makes it special about your signature being witnessed by a Notary? They both insist they just identify who you are and witness your signature.

From the sword of michael (FZ)
Your belief that the lien only acquires the status of a security once it has been accepted by the court is entirely incorrect, provided that it carries a notary seal. Indeed, it is not necessary to go anywhere near a court with the perfected lien, unless you want to judicially enforce it and/or create a legal precedent.

So, if you don't want to make a guest appearance in court, use a notary and his seal...

Now, does that make it any clearer?

Aye aye, One Love.

oshun
Oshun

Postby bustthematrix » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 pm

HighSpirit

If this helps any, Notaries on the continent are far more like Solicitors here in the UK. Over there, they're not really distinct from solicitors (or are they?). From what I know, they are involved in conveyancing etc whereas here, Notaries don't do that.

You may be confusing yourself a bit by not distinguishing the powers of a UK Notary vs that of a continental one.

As to witnessing documents or signatures, this can certainly be done here in the UK for £5 or so by a Commissioner of Oaths (usually a solicitor) and also reasonably cheaply on the continent by a Notary.

Whan a UK Notary Public however witnesses a document for you and or records a process - it appears he is doing so as a high officer of the court, thus making it a valid and conflict free 'record' of transactions.

It also appears that a UK Notary has the same power and effect as 'many persons' attesting to or vouching for something when his/er signature and seal goes down. Similiar to the effect of many witnesses attesting.
:yes:
bustthematrix

Postby emerald city » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 pm

to: bustthematrix.

So does that mean that if your Notice of Understanding & Intent... has been Notorised properly with red seal and all, then you need not make a "guest appearance" should you be invited, in a magistrates de facto court ????

Can It be a yes or no please. And if not, can you say why this is so.

P,.S. Got mine notorised for £25. here (England) had to take i.d. along of course.
emerald city

Postby Coffinman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 am

So does that mean that if your Notice of Understanding & Intent... has been Notorised properly with red seal and all, then you need not make a "guest appearance" should you be invited, in a magistrates de facto court ????

Can It be a yes or no please. And if not, can you say why this is so.

How can you prove that there were no objections to your claim of right?

You need a Notary to act as recipient for objections and to issue a default judgement.
Coffinman

Postby Veronica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 am

Coffinman wrote:How can you prove that there were no objections to your claim of right?

The same way 'they' do ... 'they' need a postal receipt to prove that their objections were delivered to your address and that you signed for them.

They never object anyway. They rarely read any of it. If they read it, they haven't a clue what it means ... or what to do about it. They have no way of objecting, because they wouldn't know what to write ... 'coz it ain't in their "Book of Rools".

And no, Sheila ... you can't just "send it in your stead" ... because they will just ignore it.

The bottom line, and the only way we have discovered is: "No ... oh .... btw ... go fuck yourself".

They DO understand that.

They.
Don't.
Like.
It.
Up 'em ... but they DO understand it.

It's called Lawful Rebellion. Because it is rebellion ... but - at the same time - not only LAWFUL ... but the Law-of-the-Land (Magna Carta 1215) says "It is your DUTY to do it ... as and wherever it may become necessary"
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby musashi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 pm

The notary in Newton Abbot charges £60 per document but will not touch commercial redemption.
In using a notary for your liens she/he must act as "notary acceptor" in what is essentially a non judicial action. A notary may act as solicitor, recorder, clerk to the court, and judge. By acting as notary acceptor the notary acts as a judge in your claim (administrative and non judicial) and her/his certfication with seal on your Certificate of Default is the judgement in this case of yours. As notary acceptor she/he witness due process etc and is proof of porperly obtained judgement. No-one can dispute this certificate of default, though the courts are trying very hard to ignore them. Maxims about unrebutted affidavits apply. Particularly the following one;
It is a fatal offence for anyone, even a judge, to impair, or expunge, without a counter affidavit in place, any affidavit, or commercial process based upon an affidavit. Any official who does so becvomes a co-debtor on the lien.
If all you want is a witness, do not use a notaryt. Any solicitor will do it cheaper, also a recorder but, why give them money to support them in their unionised closed shop fraud? Any three witness are eminently acceptable, as long as it is done sui juris - under oath.
They are limiting their work to foreign jurisdictions, these days, but some will still act as Notary Acceptor though they say they will have to do some study.
For foreign jurisdictions you can apply to the FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE (the only agency which can do it) and get an apostille. Unless that has been quietly changed as well. Some advertise their services for this task at aboput £50. Just google apostille for the lowdown on it.
Good hunting.
Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby musashi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Sorry I forgot to add that a Commissioner of Oaths is what I've used - costs a fiver!
Also, more importantly, sign accross a postage stamp. This brings in the Postmaster General, which is Strawmansarah's strong point - or one of them, as she is a powerful creature of many talents and scary to boot!
Ask her about the postmaster stuff, sovereign jurisdiction and declarations of war if it is infringed. I need to study more on it, so don't ask me - ask Strawmansarah.
One last thing. A notary is not a member of the law society, nor is he/she an officer of the court. They are members of the Faculty of Notaries, currently overseen by a Christopher Vaughn, Master of the Faculty.
Notaries are apponited by the ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY.
Dear me. Canon law?
Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby MrFrodo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 pm

To add to that, notarial prices (I have been informed) have gone up recently and now £80 per document is the going rate (wargh). Also, whilst my good brother Mushashi is right that Notaries are members of the Notary society it should also be clear that allmost all of them are also members of the law society and act as solicitors also. Last time I read I think there was 1000 in this country and only 150 that were not solicitors also. There are a small number of scrivener notaries who work in the centre of London, perhaps some research into their area of work would be of interest,...

MrFrodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

PreviousNext

Return to Notaries Public & Solicitors Only