food for thought

Jobaboba's Jokes Factory. (Only for those who are feeling silly)

food for thought

Postby iamani » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Greetings!

My last comment on the 'riddle' gave me an idea for a new thread, and as my most recent playmates are busy elsewhere i'll do it now. Coz i'm bored.
The idea is to list a few things that may kick start the left brain into playing nicely with the right brain via contemplative meditation of the subject matter, which is to be presented as succinctly as possible.

i suspect it will be a lonely thread but hey, that's OK. Here's a few to start with:

1) The shadow and the name have much in common

2) Cognitive dissonance is the ego having an orgasm

3) Change, motion, life, vibration - existence is observation

Feel free to play along guys. In any event i will add more as they occur to me.

Cheers!
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Re: food for thought

Postby iamani » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Greetings!

...and this one goes out to our favorite seer cassandra!

4) Faith is to know without knowing and so is wisdom

Cheers!
iamani

Postby cassandra » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm

My last comment on the 'riddle' gave me an idea for a new thread, and as my most recent playmates are busy elsewhere i'll do it now. Coz i'm bored.
The idea is to list a few things that may kick start the left brain into playing nicely with the right brain via contemplative meditation of the subject matter, which is to be presented as succinctly as possible.
1) The shadow and the name have much in common
2) Cognitive dissonance is the ego having an orgasm
3) Change, motion, life, vibration - existence is observation
4) Faith is to know without knowing and so is wisdom

That’s some terrible bollocks there. That was my immediate response. Then I thought, okay, ask. So, How do these kick start the left brain into playing nicely with the right brain. I'm all ears, fellah. Be advised, however, that I have a many years long familiarity with the architecture of the mind, the relative and comparative functions of the brain hemispheres, and began that study with Dr. Robert Ornstein's the Physiology of Consciousness; Brown's Techniques of Persuasion; Sargent's Unquiet Mind and Battle for the Mind; Dr. Alex Comfort's The Anxiety Makers; Studies in a Black Room: sensory deprivation, by, I think Hoffman et al (Canada) and some others so long ago I forget them. Also, I attended lectures by Christopher Evans who was, in his day, the sleep and dreaming expert. I have also taken part in extended sleep deprivation and black room studies. Maybe that's why I'm half psychotic and half comedian! So, with that in mind, do tell.
By the way, how can you be bored? How is that possible? I'm baffled.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby iamani » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi cassandra

er... yeah, well... er,.... I know kung-fu?
My dad's bigger than your dad?

So what your saying is your bringing a tank to a food fight?

i like your style. But everybody's different. The line occurred to me, then i thought it might tickle you into a comment, and i do so enjoy them. Please, do tell, why you have chosen to see it as a challenge to your (admittedly superior) intellect?

Love you!

Cheers!
iamani

Postby iamani » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:08 am

Hi cassandra

OK, phew! i've had a little time to re-group. Let me start by saying that i obviously couldn't hope to compete with those jolly fellows so it's a good job i don't feel any need to.

From those experiences you listed it seems like you have spent a lot of time seeking either influence or an answer. It surely wasn't influence so i'm betting answer. Seems like quite a mission so now i'm really itching to know what the question was. Care to oblige.....?

In the meantime i shall try to assuage your curiosity re: my clumsy home-spun self-taught pseudo-philosophy. Here goes.

We use the left brain for logic, the right brain for wisdom.
Left - things that ARE
Right - things that ARE NOT but COULD BE

For myself, i found a little contemplative meditation on those 4 thoughts i presented stimulated the left into constructive dialogue with the right. i'm sorry i can't make it any more complicated than that.

You're absolutely right, cassandra, boredom really does have a hard time beating down MY door (that is what you meant, nest ce pas?). What i should have done was explain that i was painting my new guitar and was between coats. Not long enough to do anything too involving but short enough to risk distraction. So as a compromise i decided to post. i hope that helps to de-coke your perplexity.

Cheers!
iamani

Postby cassandra » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 am

There was no question. Never has been and, I hope, never will be. Questions are dangerous things and best left to the experts. I just live. I've often wondered how someone who does not know is able, somehow, to choose the right mystical path to follow. The right teacher. The right teaching. There are so many. And I've never heard a question asked of a teacher that shouldn't have been addressed by the questioner himself.
By the way, if I claimed intellectual superiority I would have to relinquish ethical development. This latter is my only unchanging interest in life.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby iamani » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi cassandra

So did you find what you were looking for, achieve your goal? Questions may indeed be dangerous but ignorance is by far the greater evil, so i'll just keep 'em coming.

As far as choosing right path/right teacher goes, maybe it's the path that chooses the student. Then again maybe the path chosen 'becomes' the right path. i agree with the adage "when the student is ready the master will appear

Even guru's need to keep learning. Perhaps the questions that should have been addressed by the student himself were not for the benefit of the student? After all sometimes the teacher is the student and vice-versa, and sometimes the question is the answer.

It shines through your sparkling use of word cassandra. No need to claim it. Ethical development - is that to do with economies or yourself? I confess to being unfamiliar with the field.

Cheers!
iamani

Postby cassandra » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:45 pm

You're not ready.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby iamani » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi cassandra

The lesson that is mine to learn, no man can teach

The thirst that is mine to feel, no man can slake

The abyss that is mine to cross, no man can reach

The wisdom that is mine to give, no man can take

A happy ronin.

.....but thanks for your valuable input.

Cheers!
iamani

Postby iamani » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Greetings!

5) Does how determine what you think, or does what determine how you think?

Cheers!
iamani

Next

Return to The Lighter Side