Loans Secured V's Unsecured???

Discuss all of your Banking, Finance and "Money" related issues here.

Loans Secured V's Unsecured???

Postby DannyBhoy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi All,

not posted for a wee while due to broken laptops, studying for exams, (so im on the inside, lol) and fighting DCA's with 100% results, oh and taking on the Credit Card Company who now seem to have just given up, its went from a weekly rainforest to nothing after i slapped down their DCA as well.

I was wondering, Is there a difference between and unsecured loan and a secured loan, i'm thinking the same shennanigans are pulled and they just decieve you in the same way, so is there any difference???

Also, has anyone ever had any dealings with Black Horse of the [Lloyds TSB] Group, they really are true decievers???
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Re: Loans Secured V's Unsecured???

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:34 pm

As far as I know, they are essentially the same with one exception - a secured loan contract gives the lender a lien on some property, as surety for the payment of the debt.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:39 pm

A secured Loan is exactly that. Secured on a 'property' like a house or car. That's the loan guarantee, if you like.

An Unsecured Loan is not secured on anything other than your signiture.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby DannyBhoy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Sorry what i meant was, the loan is issued in the same decietful way, so when questioning the validity of the loan is there any difference, obviously they are looking to repossess your property if you stop repaying your own money back to them, but surely your defence would be the same for an unsecured loan :puzz:
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Sorry about that mix up, m8! Yes, they are the same from that perspective, coming from the same pot of 'credit'.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby DannyBhoy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:53 pm

many thanks BBD, I am looking at taking on a secured loan, i remember reading somewhere that all loans are basically secured, just that the ones that carry the secured word are tied to your property?

I was duped into making a loan i had into a secured one, and now that ive been duped twice, by even being asked to repay my own money, its time to start asking questions.
DannyBhoy

Postby gepisar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 am

Unsecured: In march this year, I was invited by my bank to have a chat about my finances.

They wanted to sell a loan. I told the representative, I have no job, no income, but I have a plan... I walked out 20 minutes later with nearly as many thousands. For the contract to be valid, both the bank and myself needed to bring consideration. What consideration did I provide? In effect I told them I couldnt repay this loan, but they still offered it. How can I create an affidavidt of my conversation with the representative?
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Return to Banking Crime