Prices for Notary services?

Prices for Notary services?

Postby MrFrodo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:39 am

Hi folks,

What are your experiences on Notary prices? I phoned up 2 notarys in regards to witnessing affidavits and the fee was £115-£125 !

Is this about right? I am sure i heard some eople were getting their NOUICOR done for £5 !!!

Frodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Re: Prices for Notary services?

Postby MikeThomas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:52 am

Some have had higher quotes from Notarys ( up to £250!). The £5 you mention is probably what a solicitor would charge to 'witness' your NOUICOR.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby MrFrodo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:41 am

So what isthe advantage of having a notary witness rather than a solicitor?

A notary I have just spoke to was charging £200 an hour but could do it as a solicitor for £5 a document. When I asked him what the advantage of doing it as a Notary was he said as a Notary they do alot more work to verify identity. He claimed ' some notaries take an oath'

Frodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Postby MrFrodo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:43 am

Upon reading the notary society website:

No person shall be admitted as a notary public to practise in England and Wales unless such person:
3.1 Is at least 21 years of age and has satisfied the requirements of these rules,
3.2 Has taken the oath of allegiance and the oath required by section 7 of the Public Notaries Act 1843, and

So, notaries take an oath of allegance, solicitors I think have a code of conduct.

A notary I spoke to told me that notaries are practically defunct in the U.K and deal with international issues. I was told in my case of a commercial lien that there would be no difference when it gets into court between a notary and a solicitor witnessing any affidavits.

My intention is to realise whether a notary is the way to go or not, does it lay in the oath ?

Frodo
MrFrodo

Postby Oliver Cromwell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:53 pm

One of my unfulfilled hopes in life is to stand trial in England for signing, sealing and witnessing the documents of a person who needs documents to be signed, sealed and witnessed but cannot get it done by other means. Not as a business but as an act of friendship.

I recommend any person who cannot find a notary (for whatever reason) to keep record of their efforts. So that this is part of my defence for the 'crime' of me having helped them.

Of course the whole legal 'industry' is nonsense. It is the legal equivalent of mediaeval indulgences, the payment to escape hell by greasing palms and paying big bucks.
'He whom the Son has made free is free indeed'
Oliver Cromwell

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Oliver Cromwell wrote:Of course the whole legal 'industry' is nonsense. It is the legal equivalent of mediaeval indulgences, the payment to escape hell by greasing palms and paying big bucks.

Couldn't agree more, OC - in fact, the whole thing has taken on the status of a fully fledged religion, with more students taking law, than now take theology. I would argue that in most centuries past, a job in the clergy was the one preferred for the children of the idle rich, who were suffering from ennui.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby ArturoDekko » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Prices may be different depending on location. Down here in Portsmouth I have just secured the services of a notary for £50 to witness an affidavit and an extra tenner for a promissory note.
My understanding is that a solicitor is just an official witness instead of 2 or 3 upstanding citizens.
A notary, on the other hand has the ability to take your private documents and bring them into the public. If you send papers to a court, they may not be able to "see" them. If they are notarised, they become a part of the process. Opinion only, stand to be corrected.

AD :saint:
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby Oliver Cromwell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:13 pm

ArturoDekko wrote:Prices may be different depending on location. Down here in Portsmouth I have just secured the services of a notary for £50 to witness an affidavit and an extra tenner for a promissory note.
My understanding is that a solicitor is just an official witness instead of 2 or 3 upstanding citizens.
A notary, on the other hand has the ability to take your private documents and bring them into the public. If you send papers to a court, they may not be able to "see" them. If they are notarised, they become a part of the process. Opinion only, stand to be corrected.

You are right. And what does THAT tell us of the 'system' ? It's laughable, it's nonsense. Documents are ''brought in to the public'' by being signed, witnessed, sealed, dated and acknowledged BY.................

a) The BBC ?
b) A Notary ?
c) Our local McDonalds ?
or
d) ............(drum roll, crescendo.............).................................''''' THE PUBLIC''' (Fanfare - sustained). LOL !!!

I mean, can it get more simple ? :giggle:
Oliver Cromwell

Postby ArturoDekko » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:18 pm

There is the wonder of legalese, "public" in this case means a statutory body.

S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby Oliver Cromwell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 pm

ArturoDekko wrote:There is the wonder of legalese, "public" in this case means a statutory body.

Exactly !!

:clap:

And the circle is completed by saying that nobody can do the job of Notary without penalty (when, in fact, the Notary is doing the job of the public under Statute) !!!!!!!!!!

The Orwellian doublespeak moves in to overdrive !!! :clap:
Oliver Cromwell

Next

Return to Notaries Public & Solicitors Only