Just had a doorstep visit....

Discuss all of your Banking, Finance and "Money" related issues here.

Just had a doorstep visit....

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:08 am

Hi All

I just had an unexpected doorstep visit from a 74 year-old, calling to negotiate my ongoing hassles with HSBC.

Background.

My wife and I had alleged loans from HSBC a while back. We got into financial trouble, due to redundancy and a new baby and I tried to 'rehash' the loan, but HSBC wasn't playing. I then tried to lower repayments by any and all means possible, under the banks various options, still to no avail. Eventually, the brown stuff hit the rotating blades and we ended up at the Citizens Advice. The lady who dealt with us asked HSBC for proof of debt - they couldn't find my wife's notes, or contract. One down. :mrgreen: After much hassle, we woke up and found the scam of loans. Oh, was I bloody boiling! :grr: We have had both Moorcroft and Lewis debt recovery on this case. Not heard anything for months until this morning, now it seems they have forced HSBC to buy it back :clap: :rotfl: :rotfl: What joy they must have had in doing that! (I presume this is what has happened)

A 74 year-old knocks and tells my wife he wants me. I go and see him, he tells me he's here to negotiate this loan for HSBC. I replied I do not contract with anyone on the doorstep, to which he tells me that I am the first person (cheek) to have said this in nine years. I congratulated him on having a first of any kind at 74 :rotfl: and proceeded to tell him that there are now three firms chasing this. I also said that HSBC have yet to prove a debt exists. He assured me that I would know if I had been loaned money and I asked him if I really would know. I explained the scam and said in finishing that if HSBC could prove they loaned me any monies from deposits - ie creating a DEBT, I would pay it. I assured him that if they could not prove this, then I would never pay them a damned thing as long as I drew breath. I told him I only deal with people in writing, so...

I thanked him politely, then shut the door in his very lined, confused and bewildered face. Felt nice, I must say...

So, we'll see where this goes now.

I still haven't contracted with anyone, as far as I know, so the ball is still firmly in their court. Now, should they claim they have, with this, exhausted all remedy - then I shall point out that I requested the gentleman write to me with all of this, thereby leaving open the door...

To be continued (?)

Peace and love,

Baldy
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Re: Just had a doorstep visit....

Postby Farmer » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 am

You must have them where you want them. Clutching at straws now.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby kevin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:57 am

you bully, fancy not giving a 74 year old a cuppa and seat while you told him how things were going to be. :giggle: do you think they're short of staff or he's the only one who would take the job?
kevin

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Interestingly, my wife's uncle used to do the same thing when he retired, too!

I admit, I am at a loss as to what this could mean, but I definately did NOT refuse to negotiate, merely insisted I negotiate by letter.

Still, any first at 74 is to be welcomed, I'd have thought :wink: :rotfl:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby MikeThomas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:32 pm

You bastard Pete! Not even a cup of tea and a digestive? :rotfl: The poor old sod is probablly only doing the job because the PTB fucked up his pension.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to Banking Crime