Power of Attorney

Power of Attorney

Postby Veronica » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Based on what happened to me in Hereford … i.e. being turned away as 'undesirable' from what THEY claimed to be was a 'Public Building', it has occurred to me that it might be an idea to do something about it.

And that 'something' could very well be: Power of Attorney.

It seems (to me) that it would be very difficult to turn someone away if they could wave a Power of Attorney at "Security on the main door".

So, I have had a go at producing one from a template I was given.

This it what I came up with:
SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY

BY THIS POWER OF ATTORNEY I, ................................................. (as commonly called) a peaceful inhabitant of these fair islands, dwelling at .................................................................................................. have noted that an invitation addressed to a Named Entity .................................................................................................. has been received at my place of dwelling. The invitation is to participate in civil suit No. ................................................. at ................................................. hereinafter referred to as the said suit, pending in ................................................. (court).

I hereby nominate, constitute and appoint ................................................. (as commonly called) dwelling at .................................................................................................. as my attorney for me (a flesh and blood Human Being, with a living soul), on my behalf, to do or execute all or any of the following acts or things in connection with the said suit:

1. To represent me (a flesh and blood Human Being, with a living soul) as may be necessary before the said court or in any other, where the said suit is transferred in connection with the said suit.

2. To apply for inspection and inspect documents and records, to obtain copies of documents and papers.

3. To compromise the suit in such manner as the said attorney shall think fit.

4. To do generally all other acts and things for the conduct of the said suit as I could have done the same if I were personally present.

And I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and lawful representatives, ratify and confirm and agree to ratify and confirm whatsoever our said attorney shall do or purport to do by virtue of these presents.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I the said ................................................. has hereunto set and subscribed my hand this ................ day of .................................................

Signed and delivered by the within called

WITNESSES:
1. ..................................................................................................

2. ..................................................................................................

Identified by me
Advocate ..................................................................................................

Comments?
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Re: Power of Attorney

Postby Veronica » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:22 pm

(It is noticeable they 'they' have to resort to the use of the word "things" quite a lot ... in their Statutes ...)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby treeman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:42 pm

I like it V. We were also toying with the idea of sending in affidavits of truth in respect of a character reference to a court, once served into the courts papers you have a valid reason to be there, and when you turn up for the hearing clutching your statement of truth,demanding entry because your evidence is part of the procedure. Imagine If hundreds of people submitted these to a particular hearing, it would'nt half clog the bastards up. What do you think. :giggle: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby Veronica » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:52 pm

They don't like Statements of Truth ... 'coz they don't like "Truth".

The walls of a Court act as a kind of Faraday Cage, in order to make sure no Truth ever gets in ...

I don't know if that's a good idea or not ...
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby emerald city » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Veronica, I think its' good. But do you think anyone using this should have it notorised. or perhaps have three witnessed signaures, a belt and braces job, just in case any court would try to find a reason to reject it. :puzz:
emerald city

Postby Veronica » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:48 pm

emerald city wrote:Veronica, I think its' good. But do you think anyone using this should have it notorised. or perhaps have three witnessed signaures, a belt and braces job, just in case any court would try to find a reason to reject it. :puzz:

I don't think we need to go that far.

Frankly, they don't seem to argue with bits of paper.

Ray St. Clair has (on a number of occasions) just walked in, plonked himself down, and said "I'm a Lay Advisor" ... and that's it.

I, myself, have just walked in, and stood or sat next to someone else ... and waited for them to say something about it. In one case nothing was said at all. In the two others I just said "I'm a friend of him" (pointing to who I was accompanying). That shut them up.

BUT THAT'S IN COURTROOMS.

Our problem (that is shaping up on the horizon) seems to be to get inside the Main Door of the building.

Which means that we have to get past "Security".

And a 'bit of paper' will do that because ... BY THEIR OWN CONSTANT ADMISSIONS ... the Court Staff "ARE NOT LEGALLY TRAINED". Which means they have no idea what the 'bit of paper' means. So if it contains 'serious-looking words' that will be sufficient for them to 'step aside'.

(That's what I think, based on observation/practice)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby emerald city » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Yes Veronica, you are right, they just L O V E :love: paperwork, judging from the two very thick files I have had over the period of my particular issue.

No security men, couldn't be trained in anything "legal" -so I wonder what they are trained in ????? absolutely nothing - other than looking fierce and trying to make you feel intimidated. It might be nice to politely ask them one day, " er... what are you actually trained for then."...... !!!!!!! :police: :police: :police:
So your template seems to fit all eventualities :sun:

I think we should all take this on board, I would certainly use something like this if the occassion arises. :wink:

But........ just a min. - Surely no security bloke can have any assumed power over a human being, he hasn't got any reason to stop anyone who is with someone else appearing, or going into the court for a good reason, if they are not causing a public nuisance or anything. Surely one can enter a public building without asking anyone, or being considered a "threat" for no apparent reason. Course I could be wrong !! Just my thought at this moment.

I think it's a brilliant idea for everyone to take this on board, I would certainly do myself if the occassion arises. :wink:
emerald city

Postby Veronica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:31 pm

emerald city wrote:But........ just a min. - Surely no security bloke can have any assumed power over a human being,

No ... he can't. But (as someone is forever pointing out to me) "They have the dogs and the guns".

And ... as I point out "Yes ... everything but the brains".

And I think a POA Form might just overcome "The dogs and the guns".

(Based on my own experience) I certainly think it's worth a try.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby emerald city » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:42 am

Veronica, Yes, your'e right. :yes:
emerald city

Postby holy vehm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 am

Very Interesting veronica, If we are considered pests in a court room then why dont they just deal with us?
Because they know they cant.
So they resort to dogs and guns to keep us out, unless they send for us then we are forced to appear. They cant have it both ways.

The courts, running scared.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Next

Return to Court appearances only